Found this new boysenberry filling at the supermarket so I decided to try it in Muffins.
(The lemon and passionfruit one is not vegan and I haven’t seen the chocolate one to check)
Boysenberry filled muffins
2 tsps No egg + 4 Tblsp water (available at Harvest, Huckleberry farm and the Safe shop. Occasionally it is in supermarkets.)
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. soy/rice milk
1/4 c. Olivani
2 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp vanilla (I used vanilla paste)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 175C. Place paper or rubber muffin cups in a muffin tin (or just on a baking tray if they are the firm rubber type)
2. In large bowl combine Olivani, No Egg, water, salt and sugar.
3. In small bowl combine baking powder and flour. Stir into butter mixture, alternating with soy/rice milk, until just combinedy. Be careful not to overmix.
4. Fill each muffin pan about 2/3 of the way full.
5. Cut boysenberry filling bag so there is a small hole in the end. Press bag into the middle of each muffin and squeeze bag, slowly pulling the bag out until the boysenberry reaches the top.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned firm.
As they cool the boysenberry will sink a bit but there should still be plenty in there, you could top up the hole with fresh or defrosted frozen berries.
If that’s too much concentrated boysenberry for you squeeze slightly less and marble with the cake mix with a tooth pick.